OverviewAt Anoka Hennepin, special education evaluations are managed by a team of professionals trained to look in depth at students' strengths and needs. Before jumping into the Evaluation Process, it is important to give your child a chance to succeed through the Intervention Process.The mission of the K-21 evaluation team is to:
- Identify children with disabilities who are in need of special education and related services.
- Provide timely special education evaluations.
- Consider the whole child (all areas of development and factors that may impact a child).
- Strive to view children with a non-biased, culturally sensitive perspective.
- Meet the requirements of the law.
If you have concerns with your child's development and your child is in a K-12 program, you are encouraged to do one of the following:
- Review the Intervention Process.
- Talk with your child's teacher about your concerns.
- Talk with a special education teacher at your child's school building about your concerns.
Evaluations are typically conducted at your child's school building during the regular school day. Sometimes, you may be asked to bring your child to the Sandburg Education Center in Anoka.
LocationSandburg Education Center
1902 – 2nd Ave
Anoka, MN 55303-2429
From the North: Take Ferry St./US-169 South. Turn left on Main St. towards downtown Anoka. Turn right onto 2nd Ave/S 2nd Ave. Turn left onto Monroe St. Front entrance is on Monroe St.
From the South: Take US-169 North. Turn right on Main St. towards downtown Anoka. Turn right onto 2nd Ave. Turn left onto Monroe St. Front entrance is on Monroe St.
From the East: Take Main St. west towards downtown Anoka. Turn left onto 2nd Ave/S 2nd Ave. Turn left onto Monroe St. Front entrance is on Monroe St.Parking: available on Monroe St. in front of the building, parking lot across the street, or small parking lot on the east side of the building.Enter the main door and check in at the main desk.