OverviewAt Anoka-Hennepin, special education evaluations are managed by a team of professionals trained to look in depth at students' strengths and needs.The mission of the 3-5 evaluation team is to:
- Identify children with disabilities who are in need of special education and related services.
- Provide timely special education evaluations.
- Consider the whole child (all areas of development and factors that may impact a child).
- Strive to view children with a non-biased, culturally sensitive perspective.
- Meet the requirements of the law.
If you have concerns with your child's development and your child is at least three years of age and has not yet entered kindergarten, you are encouraged to do one of the following:
- Call Early Childhood Screening at 763-433-4833 to set up a screening appointment.
- Call 763-506-7924 to speak with our special education evaluation team.
- Fill out an online referral form.
Evaluations are typically conducted at the Sandburg Educational Center. Directions to that building are below. Once the evaluation is completed, if your child qualifies, the meeting to discuss the evaluation will be held at either the Riverview Early Childhood Center, or the Sorteberg Early Childhood Center depending on which building your child would receive services at. You will be contacted and informed as to which building that would be. Directions for those buildings are available by clicking on the menu to the left.
LocationSandburg Education Center
1902 – 2nd Ave
Anoka, MN 55303-2429