OverviewAt Anoka-Hennepin, special education evaluations are managed by a team of professionals trained to look in depth at students' strengths and needs.The mission of the 3-5 evaluation team is to:
- Identify children with disabilities who are in need of special education and related services.
- Provide timely special education evaluations.
- Consider the whole child (all areas of development and factors that may impact a child).
- Strive to view children with a non-biased, culturally sensitive perspective.
- Meet the requirements of the law.
If you have concerns with your child's development and your child is at least three years of age and has not yet entered kindergarten, you are encouraged to do one of the following:
- Call Early Childhood Screening at 763-433-4910 to set up a screening appointment.
- Call 763-433-4822 to speak with our special education evaluation team.
- Fill out an online referral form.
Evaluations are typically conducted at Blaine Early Childhood Center, Riverview Early Childhood Center or Sorteberg Early Childhood Center. Directions to these buildings are below. Once the evaluation is completed, if your child qualifies, the meeting to discuss programming will be held at one of these sites depending on which building your child will receive services. You will be contacted and informed as to which building that will be.
Blaine Early Childhood Center
13001 Central Ave NE
Blaine, MN 55434
Riverview Early Childhood Center
1400 93rd Ave N
Brooklyn Park, MN 55444
Sorteberg Early Childhood Center
11400 Magnolia St NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55448