OverviewAt Anoka-Hennepin, special education evaluations are managed by a team of professionals trained to look in depth at students' strengths and needs.The mission of the 3-5 evaluation team is to:
- Identify children with disabilities who are in need of special education and related services.
- Provide timely special education evaluations.
- Consider the whole child (all areas of development and factors that may impact a child).
- Strive to view children with a non-biased, culturally sensitive perspective.
- Meet the requirements of the law.
- Call Early Childhood Screening at 763-433-4833 to set up a screening appointment.
- Call 763-506-7924 to speak with our special education evaluation team.
- Fill out an online referral form.
Evaluations are typically conducted at the Sandburg Educational Center. Directions to that building are below. Once the evaluation is completed, if your child qualifies, the meeting to discuss the evaluation will be held at either the Riverview Early Childhood Center, or the Sorteberg Early Childhood Center depending on which building your child would receive services at. You will be contacted and informed as to which building that would be. Directions for those buildings are available by clicking on the menu to the left.
LocationSandburg Education Center
1902 – 2nd Ave
Anoka, MN 55303-2429
From the North: Take Ferry St./US-169 South. Turn left on Main St. towards downtown Anoka. Turn right onto 2nd Ave/S 2nd Ave. Turn left onto Monroe St. Front entrance is on Monroe St.
From the South: Take US-169 North. Turn right on Main St. towards downtown Anoka. Turn right onto 2nd Ave. Turn left onto Monroe St. Front entrance is on Monroe St.
From the East: Take Main St. west towards downtown Anoka. Turn left onto 2nd Ave/S 2nd Ave. Turn left onto Monroe St. Front entrance is on Monroe St.Parking: available on Monroe St. in front of the building, parking lot across the street, or small parking lot on the east side of the building.Enter the main door and check in at the main desk.