Referral ProcessParents have the right to request that the school district complete an educational evaluation, if they have concerns about their child's development.
If the child is under three years of age and there are concerns regarding his or her development, parents can call 1-866-693-4769 or log onto Help Me Grow MN.
If the child is at least three years of age and has not yet entered kindergarten, and there have concerns regarding his or her development, parents may pursue an educational evaluation through one of the two following referral process options:
Early Childhood Screening provided through Anoka-Hennepin School District #11
- For an Appointment please call (763) 433-4833.
- The State of Minnesota requires that all children complete Early Childhood Screening prior to entering kindergarten. The best time to schedule an Early Childhood Screen is when the child is between the ages of three years, six months and four years of age.
- Children who have possible concerns identified during Early Childhood Screening will be referred for an evaluation through the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Program.
Early Childhood Screening completed at the doctor's office
- Call the Early Childhood Screening Office at (763) 433-4833 to request a screening form to be completed by the child's pediatrician.
- Children who have possible concerns identified during their Early Childhood Screening will be referred for an evaluation through the ECSE Program.
Parents who suspect delays or have concerns regarding their child's development may call to discuss their concerns with an Evaluation Team Member. Contact the Evaluation Team office at (763) 506-7924 to leave a message.
A member of the ECSE Evaluation Team will return parent's call to review the child's overall development as well as specific concerns.
Together parents and the Evaluation Team Member will determine the most appropriate course of action, including one or more of the following:
- No action needed; the child appears to be developing typically;
- Information regarding community resources may be provided;
- Referral to Early Childhood Screening; or
- Referral for an educational evaluation by the ECSE Evaluation Team.