Our school is one of the Anoka-Hennepin schools participating in the specialization/integration project, involving third, fourth and fifth grades. These students are given opportunities to study core subjects in an integrated environment.
Morris Bye opened in September of 1956. The school was named after a former Superintendent who was instrumental in the growth of our district. It was surrounded by three dairy farms and the students needed to chase cattle off the playground. Morris Bye had the philosophy “It’s all about the kids." The philosophy remains intact as reflected in our school mission statement. The population has varied over the years, swelling to over 1,000 students at one point in time. Although today our student population is much smaller, it is rich in the diversity of many cultures.