Support at Morris Bye - Title I information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at Morris Bye annually discuss, review and revise a Title I Family-School Compact - which is a jointly developed agreement.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
- Student achievement in reading (MTSS).
- Student achievement in mathematics (MTSS).
- Student Engagement: Catalyst.
- Social Emotional Learning: Leader in Me.
Progress on these school efforts will be shared in winter and spring.
In the Classroom
Classroom teachers and support staff at Morris Bye develop goals to support learning through the following:
- All staff use a collaborative approach toward meeting the needs of all students.
- We focus on essential learning through the use of data from common formative assessments.
- Math and reading interventions are provided by supplemental teachers and classroom teachers.
Every trimester the school community partners with families in providing resources on how to support students’ success in reading and math at home.
- Read 20 minutes every day with your child or have them read independently.
- Talk about what you and your child have read.
- Attend Family Nights.
- Talk to your child about their learning in reading and math.
- Practice math and reading skills.
- Support regular attendance at school.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences.
- Results of MCA, MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available by logging into My Student Information on A-H Connect.
View the Morris Bye Elementary School family engagement plan. (2022-23 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2022-23 school year)
View the Morris Bye Title I Family-School Compact brochure. (2022-23 school year)
Events at the School
Title I Annual Meeting
Title I Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)/PTO Meetings
What is Title I funding?
A-H Title I schools
Title I schools [non-public]
Additional information and documents for families