• I'm worried about my child's skills, where should I start?

    Posted by:

    Talk with your child's classroom teacher. Identify your concerns and ask for ideas on a plan to help your child out in the classroom. If you continue to have concerns, ask the classroom teacher or your school's intervention specialist to start the intervention process. This is where a team of professionals at your child's school gather together to identify the concerns and come up with a plan of action. This plan is documented in an intervention plan and will be reviewed on a frequent basis to determine if it is successful. If it is determined that the intervention plan is unsuccessful OR if the team feels like the student still has significant needs, then the team can recommend that your child be referred to the evaluation team for consideration of a robust evaluation.

    Comments (-1)