Support at Wilson - Title I information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at The families and staff at Wilson Elementary will annually discuss, review and revise the following Title I Schoolwide efforts.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
Wilson Elementary is committed to providing an atmosphere of learning for all students. We will focus on the following this year:
- Student achievement in reading (MTSS)
- Student achievement in math (MTSS)
- Student engagement (Equity and The Catalyst Approach)
- Social Emotional Learning (MTSS)
Progress on these school efforts will be reported to families twice yearly at PTCO meetings.
In the Classroom
- We will deliver strong Tier I and Tier II instruction, monitor student progress to move all students towards proficiency
- We will use equitable classroom management strategies to increase engagement, allow for maximum instructional time, and preserve and build relationships with students.
- We will monitor the social and emotional learning of all students, and use our resources to meet students’ needs.
- Support regular attendance
- Explore, learn and grow with your child by asking them what they are learning in school. Support them in their efforts to succeed.
- Communicate needs and concerns regularly with your child’s teacher
- Share ideas, ask questions and be involved at Wilson. You could attend events, volunteer, and attend PTCO meetings
Our school is committed to keeping families informed.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences
- Teachers can also provide information about your student’s learning habits
- Results of MCA, NWEA MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available on in the My Student Test Results app on A-H Connect
Find the following information by visiting our school website:
- Volunteer opportunities
- Details about the family events that will be happening at our school
View the Wilson Elementary School family engagement plan. (2023-24 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2023-24 school year)
View the Wilson Title I Family-School Compact brochure. (2023-24 school year)
Events for Families
Welcome Back Night - Sept. 14, 2023 *
I Love to Learn - Nov. 9, 2023
Celebration of Learning - May 9, 2023
- Oct. 10, 2023
- Oct. 12, 2023
- Oct. 16, 2023
- Feb. 20, 2024
- Feb. 22, 2024
- Feb. 26, 2024
PTO and Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) Meetings
- Oct. 5, 2023
- Nov. 2, 2023
- Jan. 4, 2024
- Feb. 1, 2024 *
- April 4, 2024
- May 2, 2024 *
* Information about Title I funded activities will be shared and your input will be gathered.