Support at Wilson - Title I information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at Wilson annually discuss, review and revise a Title I Family-School Compact - which is a jointly developed agreement.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
- Increase academic achievement in reading and math
- Implementation of Character Strong social emotional curriculum
- Increase student engagement and reduce the academic achievement gap through equitable measures
Progress on these school efforts will be reported to families at PTCO meetings once a trimester.
In the Classroom
Wilson Elementary teachers and support staff will deliver strong Tier I and Tier II instruction and monitor student progress to move all students towards meeting state standards.
Staff will use equitable classroom management strategies to increase engagement, allow for maximum instructional time, and to preserve relationships with students.
Students' social and emotional needs will be addressed by all staff, with the support of our school social worker and school psychologist.
Ideas for families to support students’ success at Wilson Elementary:
- Support regular attendance
- Explore, learn and grow with your child by asking them what they are learning in school. Support them in their efforts to succeed.
- Communicate regularly with your child’s teacher
- Share your ideas, ask questions and get involved at Wilson by attending events, volunteering, and coming to a PTO meeting
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences.
- Results of MCA, MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available by logging into My Student Information on A-H Connect.
View the Wilson Elementary School family engagement plan. (2022-23 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2022-23 school year)
View the Wilson Title I Family-School Compact brochure. (2022-23 school year)
Events at the School
Welcome Back Night and Curriculum Night
Math and Reading Night
Celebration of Learning
Title I Parent Advisory Committee
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meetings
What is Title I funding?
A-H Title I schools
Title I schools [non-public]
Additional information and documents for families