Support at Adams - Title I information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at Adams annually discuss, review and revise a Title I Family-School Compact, which is a jointly developed agreement.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
Adams is committed to providing an atmosphere of learning for all students. This will be accomplished through:
- Student achievement in reading (MTSS)
- Student achievement in math (MTSS)
- Student engagement (Catalyst)
- Social Emotional Learning: Character Strong
Adams will share student and building progress monthly at our PAC meetings as well as information shared in our weekly newsletter.
In the Classroom
Adams’ staff has these goals for this year:
- High quality, first best instruction
- Intentional focus on MN State Standards
- Consistent collaboration and data driven focus
- Strengthening student - staff relationships
- Focus on group engagement
- Building wide emphasis on strong, positive relationships
- Creating classroom communities where respect and safety are paramount
- Supporting the mental health needs of students and staff
- Providing resources and ideas to build strong communities both at school and home
Families can help by:
- Building and establishing a strong relationship with families
- Allowing families to provide input on their child’s learning
- Providing feedback and strategies for homework help
- Inviting families to school to participate in their child’s learning
- On-going school - home communication
- Sharing resources for family engagement
Our school is committed to keeping families informed.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences
- Teachers can also provide information about your student’s learning habits
- Results of MCA, NWEA MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available on in the My Student Test Results app on A-H Connect
Find the following information by visiting our school website:
- Volunteer opportunities
- Details about the family events that will be happening at our school
View the Adams Elementary School family engagement plan. (coming soon)
View the annual meeting presentation. (coming soon)
View the Adams Elementary School Title I Family School Compact. (2023-24 school year)
Events for Families
Adams Family Meet & Greet
August 29, 2023 - 4:30-6 p.m.
Adams Redhawk Fam Jam *
September 21, 2023 - 4:30-7 p.m.
Adams Extravaganza *
November 16, 2023 - 5-7 p.m.
Music, Arts, Reading, & Science Night *
April 16, 2024 - 5-7 p.m.
Track & Field Day
May 17, 2024
Adams All School Picnic
May 24, 2024
10/2 (1-8), 10/3 (8-8:35),
10/4 (8-8:35), & 10/5 (4:20-8)
2/20 (1-8:20), 2/22 (4:20-8:20),
2/27 (8-8:35), & 2/28 (8-8:35)
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meetings
First Tuesday of each month *
* Information about Title I funded activities will be shared and your input will be gathered.