Support at Jefferson - Title I information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at Jefferson Elementary will annually discuss, review and revise the following Title I Schoolwide efforts.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
Jefferson Elementary is committed to providing an atmosphere of learning for all students. We will focus on the following this year:
- Addressing diverse cultures and learning levels and styles in ELA while maintaining the rigor of the curriculum.
- Differentiate math instructional strategies to accommodate learning levels, learning styles, and family cultures.
- Increase Student Voice and student goal setting.
- Increase nonverbal interactions in the classroom to increase academic and social emotional productivity.
Progress on these school efforts will be reported to families at PTO/PAC meetings during the Principal’s Update.
In the Classroom
- Provide a safe, welcoming, supportive learning environment.
- Respect the cultural differences of students and their families.
- Provide academic support and extensions.
- Foster high academic standards and behavior for all students.
- Make sure my child attends school regularly and on time.
- Communicate with my child’s teacher(s) and view correspondence about important information relating to my child’s education.
- Consider volunteering in my child’s classroom/school or serving on the Title I Parent Advisory Committee.
- Discuss with my child the following expectations.
- Sharing regularly what I am learning in school with my family.
- Showing respect to myself and others.
Our school is committed to keeping families informed.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences
- Teachers can also provide information about your student’s learning habits
- Results of MCA, NWEA MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available on in the My Student Test Results app on A-H Connect
Find the following information by visiting our school website:
- Volunteer opportunities
- Details about the family events that will be happening at our school
View the Jefferson Elementary School family engagement plan. (2023-24 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2023-24 school year)
View the Jefferson Elementary School Title I Family School Compact. (2023-24 school year)
Events for Families
Title I Annual Meeting - Oct 2, 5, 10 *
Math Family Engagement Night - November 16 *
Reading Family Engagement Night - February 29 *
Fall Conferences - October 2, 5, 10
Winter Conferences - February 15, 20, 22
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meetings
PTO Monthly Meetings - Second Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m.
Fall PAC Meeting * - October 3, 2023 - 6:30 p.m.
Spring PAC Meeting * - April 9, 2024 - 6:30 p.m.
* Information about Title I funded activities will be shared and your input will be gathered