Adventures Plus school-age care
Adventures Plus is the Anoka-Hennepin School District's school-age care program, offered to all families in the school district and provided at each elementary school. Care is available before- and after-school, and on non-school days which include winter, spring and summer breaks. Register now.
Summer 2017 and 2017-18 school year
If you have a school-age child already enrolled in Anoka-Hennepin Schools, you must log in to your existing A-HConnect
account to register for Adventures Plus school-age care. If you are unsure of the user name/password for your account, please contact the district help desk at 763-506-4357 to get those log-in credentials.
Once you log in to A-HConnect
, click on the Adventures Plus icon:
You may add the child that you intend to enroll in Adventures Plus school-age care program to your account (if needed), and then click on "Explore All Programs" at the top of the page to browse and register for available openings in Adventures Plus school-age care programs.
About the program
The Adventures Plus program aims to develop the whole child by providing age-appropriate learning experiences and opportunities using a theme-based curriculum with activities that include:
- Arts, crafts, dance/movement and drama
- Literature and music
- Science discovery
- Sensory and outdoor play
- Small- and large-group activities
- Field trips
- Opportunities for homework assistance
A variety of flexible care options are available to meet your families needs.
- School year care: Elementary before- and/or after-school, from 6:30 a.m. until the school start time and from school dismissal time until 6 p.m.
- Non-school days: Child care is available for elementary school-age children on most days that school is not in session, including winter and spring breaks, from 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Student must be using school year am and/or pm care to enroll for non-school day care.)
- Summer care: All-day care is available at select school sites for students entering kindergarten, elementary and middle school, Monday - Friday from 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
How to apply
Adventures Plus is a popular service and child care openings fill quickly. Pre-registration for the school year and summer programs occurs online each March. The program accepts registrations throughout the year and children may be enrolled as openings become available.
A two-week notice may be required before your child attends the program. The safety of your child is important to our staff, please provide at least two emergency contact persons. It is extremely important to keep your information up-to-date. If you change your job, move or change your telephone number, please update your online account information.