Support at Johnsville - Title I information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at Johnsville Elementary will annually discuss, review and revise the following Title I Schoolwide efforts.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
Johnsville is committed to providing an atmosphere of learning for all students. We will focus on the following this year:
- Increased achievement in reading
- Increased achievement in math
- Continued implementation of Character Strong training to address the social/emotional needs of students
- Continued implementation of Catalyst training to improve student engagement
Progress on these school efforts will be reported to families by email after each trimester.
In the Classroom
- Provide a safe, welcoming, and supportive learning environment
- Respect the cultural differences of students and their families
- Foster high academic standards and behavior for all students
- Provide academic supports and extensions and share monitoring results with families
- Make sure your child attends regularly and on time
- Read a minimum of 15-20 minutes every day with your child or have them read independently
- Communicate with your child’s teacher/s and view correspondence about important information
- Consider volunteering in your child’s classroom or serving on the Title I Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
- Talk with your child about their learning in reading and math
Our school is committed to keeping families informed.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences
- Teachers can also provide information about your student’s learning habits
- Results of MCA, NWEA MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available on in the My Student Test Results app on A-H Connect
Find the following information by visiting our school website:
- Volunteer opportunities
- Details about the family events that will be happening at our school
View the Johnsville Elementary School family engagement plan. (2023-24 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2023-24 school year)
View the Johnsville Elementary School Title I Family School Compact. (2023-24 school year)
Events for Families
Open House - August 29, 4-6 p.m.
Family Fun Night - September 26, 5-7 p.m.
Fall Family Event - October 2, 5,10
Math Night - November 9, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Reading Night - January 30, 5:30-7 p.m.
Fall Conferences - October 2, 5, 10
Spring Conferences - February 20, 22, 27
PTO and Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) Meetings
Meetings are 6:30-8 p.m. on:
* Information about Title I funded activities will be shared and your input will be gathered.