The Hoover PTO is a 501(c)(3) parent volunteer organization that partners with school staff to provide fun and engaging family events and monetary funds to enrich and supplement the educational experience of students and families.
Co-Chairs: Marcia Velez and Steven Head
Treasurer: Julie Skowronek
Secretary: Amy Reiland and Christina Nelson
Other: Jason Capra
Meeting Dates and Location
All meetings are held in our Media Center from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in person and virtually.
September 20, 2022
October 11, 2022
November 8, 2022
December 13, 2022
January 10, 2023
February 14, 2023
March 14, 2023
April 11, 2023
May 9, 2023
PTOs, booster clubs and nonprofits
Anoka-Hennepin Parent Involvement provides helpful management information to parent-teacher organizations (PTOs), advisory councils, partnership teams, booster clubs and other nonprofit organizations that help students.Topics include:
- Establishing non-profit organization (501c3) status
- Non-profit organization and volunteer management
- Financial and organizational management
- Recruitment and retention of members
- Partnership practices and networking
To check out or browse book titles on all aspects of nonprofit management, visit the Anoka-Hennepin Parent Resource Center.
- Consultations - Parent Involvement provides one-on-one or small group consultations regarding most topics related to managing parent organizations.
- Document retention - Parent Involvement will keep duplicates of crucial documents on file for district parent organizations (PTOs, PTAs, home and school associations, and booster clubs).
- Leadership workshops & Special Events - are offered on a periodic basis. Topics typically covered include member recruitment and retention, publicity, communications, tips for treasurers and obtaining or maintaining (501c3) nonprofit status with the IRS. Visit the PTO and booster club workshop page to register for free trainings.
- Partnership refresher - An annual training and networking event for members of Anoka-Hennepin's Partnership Teams is facilitated by Parent Involvement. This event assists teams in fulfilling their self-directed goals to boost student achievement and help schools in other ways.
Use Library Name: AHPRCNo Password is required.
ContactAnoka-Hennepin Parent Involvement, 2727 N Ferry St., Anoka, MN 55303Supervisor: Liz Burgard, email@example.com