The Hoover PTO is a parent volunteer organization that partners with school staff to provide fun and engaging family events and monetary funds to enrich and supplement the educational experience of students and families.
Chair: Steve Head
Vice-Chair: Jason Capra
Co-Treasurer: Hannah Brady
Co-Treasurer: Julie Skowronek
Secretary: Christina Nelson
Community Engagement Director: Julie Skowronek
Meeting Dates and Location
PTO meetings are on the second Tuesday of the month (unless there is a need to reschedule) at 6:30 PM, with an option to join virtually or in person. Depending on volunteer availability, we may have onsite childcare for school-aged children.
PTOs, booster clubs and nonprofits
Anoka-Hennepin Parent Involvement provides helpful management information to parent-teacher organizations (PTOs), advisory councils, partnership teams, booster clubs and other nonprofit organizations that help students.Topics include:
- Establishing non-profit organization (501c3) status
- Non-profit organization and volunteer management
- Financial and organizational management
- Recruitment and retention of members
- Partnership practices and networking
To check out or browse book titles on all aspects of nonprofit management, visit the Anoka-Hennepin Parent Resource Center.
- Consultations - Parent Involvement provides one-on-one or small group consultations regarding most topics related to managing parent organizations.
- Document retention - Parent Involvement will keep duplicates of crucial documents on file for district parent organizations (PTOs, PTAs, home and school associations, and booster clubs).
- Leadership workshops & Special Events - are offered on a periodic basis. Topics typically covered include member recruitment and retention, publicity, communications, tips for treasurers and obtaining or maintaining (501c3) nonprofit status with the IRS. Visit the PTO and booster club workshop page to register for free trainings.
- Partnership refresher - An annual training and networking event for members of Anoka-Hennepin's Partnership Teams is facilitated by Parent Involvement. This event assists teams in fulfilling their self-directed goals to boost student achievement and help schools in other ways.
Use Library Name: AHPRCNo Password is required.
ContactAnoka-Hennepin Parent Involvement, 2727 N Ferry St., Anoka, MN firstname.lastname@example.org