Support at Hoover - Title I information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at Hoover annually discuss, review and revise a Title I Family-School Compact - which is a jointly developed agreement.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
- Student achievement in reading.
- Student achievement in math.
- Full implementation of Character Strong curriculum and other social-emotional supports.
- Catalyst training for staff to support strong relationships with students.
Progress on these school efforts will be reported to families in the principal newsletter mid-school year.
In the Classroom
Teachers and support staff at Hoover Elementary developed goals to support student learning through the following:
- Teams analyze student assessment data to create trimester goals in connection with our building goals.
- Teams meet weekly and include administration, SPED, EL, and support staff as needed to focus on student learning.
- Building Leadership Teams meet regularly to report and analyze progress.
- Read out loud to your child. Model smooth, fluent reading. Discuss books as a family. Make reading fun!
- Communicate regularly with your child’s teacher.
- Get involved by volunteering, attending family events, and become a member of the Parent Group/PAC.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences.
- Results of MCA, MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available by logging into My Student Information on A-H Connect.
View the Hoover Elementary School family engagement plan. (2022-23 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2022-23 school year)
View the Hoover Title I Family-School Compact brochure. (2022-23 school year)