Support at Hoover - Title I information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at Hoover Elementary will annually discuss, review and revise the following Title I Schoolwide efforts.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
Hoover is committed to providing an atmosphere of learning for all students. We will focus on the following this year:
- Student achievement in reading
- Student achievement in math
- Continuation of Character Strong curriculum and other social-emotional supports
- Catalyst training for staff to support strong relationships with students
Progress on these school efforts will be reported to families in the principal newsletter mid-school year.
In the Classroom
- Teams analyze student assessment data to create trimester goals in connection with our building goals.
- Teams meet weekly and include administration, SPED, EL, and support staff as needed to focus on student learning.
- Building Leadership Teams meet regularly to report and analyze progress.
Families can do the following to support your student:
- Read out loud to your child. Model smooth, fluent reading. Discuss books as a family. Make reading fun!
- Communicate regularly with your child’s teacher.
- Get involved by volunteering, attending family events, and become a member of the Parent Group/PAC.
Our school is committed to keeping families informed.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences
- Teachers can also provide information about your student’s learning habits
- Results of MCA, NWEA MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available on in the My Student Test Results app on A-H Connect
Find the following information by visiting our school website:
- Volunteer opportunities
- Details about the family events that will be happening at our school
View the Hoover Elementary School family engagement plan. (2023-24 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2023-24 school year)
View the Hoover Title I Family-School Compact brochure. (2023-24 school year)
Events for Families
Fall Informational Meeting - September 28, 2023 *
Math Night - November 16, 2023
Reading Night - January 25, 2024
World Arts Celebration - April 25, 2024
Fall Conferences * - October 2, 5, 10
Winter Conferences - February 15, 20, 22
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meetings
Second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. *
* Information about Title I funded activities will be shared and your input will be gathered at the October PTO meeting.