What is Concurrent Enrollment?Through a partnership with colleges, Anoka-Hennepin high schools offer college courses. Courses are taught during the regular school day by high school instructors who are selected and supported by college and university faculty. The courses are identical to college courses. Note: Some institutions refer to concurrent enrollment as dual enrollment.A variety of Anoka Technical College courses are taught at STEP. The classes are FREE to eligible students and can save students hundreds of dollars!
Which classes at STEP are Concurrent Enrollment (CE)?The Anoka Technical College courses that are taught at STEP are as follows:
- Accounting and Financial Careers II
- Emergency Medical Careers I
- Emergency Medical Careers II
- Machine Technology II
- Nursing Assistant
- Welding Technology I
- Welding Technology II - SMAW/GTAW
HOW do I get Concurrent Enrollment Credit?Students need to be admitted to Anoka Technical college in order to earn college credits.Applying to the college is easy!
- Complete the online application to Anoka Technical College as a PSEO student: www.anokatech.edu/become a student/admissions
- Fill out and submit a ATC Course Registration Form for the course you are enrolled in at STEP
- Determine if you qualify for admission to ATC
Note: Admissions personnel from Anoka Technical College will meet with all STEP classes that have CE the first week of the trimester to complete the steps above with all students in each class.
- Students in grades 10-12 are eligible if they've earned a passing score on the 8th grade MCA in Reading, OR
- Seniors need to rank in the upper 1/2 of their class - Juniors need to rank in the upper 1/3 of their class, OR
- Participate in an interview or submit and essay
WHERE can I use the credit?By participating in concurrent enrollment, an academic transcript will be generated at Anoka Technical College. This academic transcript will follow you as you continue taking courses at different colleges and universities.When you are ready to attend a college or university, you will need to complete a Transcript Request form from Anoka Technical College.
For more information, click here to visit the Anoka Technical College webpage regarding concurrent enrollment.