WHO can earn a Recommendation Letter for College Credit?
Many of the career classes at STEP use a NOCTI assessment as their final assessment for the course. Any student who takes a NOCTI assessment has the opportunity to earn a Recommendation Letter for College Credit.
NOCTI has collaborated with the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) to evaluate all of its assessments. Experienced industry experts and professors evaluated the rigor of the NOCTI assessments to translate the content into college credit equivalencies.
WHICH classes at STEP use a NOCTI assessment?
The following is a list of all the courses offered at STEP that administered a NOCTI assessment last year:
- Accounting and Financial Careers II
- Advanced Automotive--Engine Performance
- Art Technology II
- Computer Networking II
- Fashion And Cosmetology Careers II
- Hotel/Restaurant/Baking Careers II
- Law Enforcement II--Police Procedures
- Music Media Technology II--Video Production
- Nursing Assistant
- Welding III--Processes and Blueprint
HOW does it work?
- Students must meet a 70% benchmark on an approved NOCTI multiple-choice assessment to be eligible for the College Credit Recommendation Report.
- The College Credit Recommendation Report is automatically generated as part of the NOCTI scoring package for all eligible students.
- The report can be used as part of a student’s portfolio, and more importantly, can be presented at any of the 1500+ participating colleges and universities for college credit consideration.
- Need an official transcript? NOCTI has collaborated with Excelsior College to offer students an option for an “official” transcript.
For more information about the process for obtaining the college credit recommendation report and/or an official transcript, please visit: www.nocti.org/nccrs.cfm