Raising children is both a joy and a challenge. Babies do not come with instruction manuals, and questions often arise about the best ways to nurture and care for children as they grow from infants and toddlers to preparing to board the school bus on the first day of kindergarten and beyond.
Anoka-Hennepin Community Education offers a wide range of classes, programs, and services to meet your changing needs and interests, in addition to learning and enrichment opportunities for early learners from birth to third grade:
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE): Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) offers classes, events, playtime, and other opportunities designed to give families information, ideas, and skills to support their child's growth and development from birth to third grade. ECFE is a unique opportunity for families to participate in learning opportunities with their children.
- Resources: Anoka-Hennepin Community Education and the Anoka-Hennepin School District offer a wide range of resources to support families raising early learners from birth to third grade.
- Parent Advisory Council - The Anoka-Hennepin Parent Advisory Council provides input and support to the ECFE and the Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool programs.
- Preschool: Preschool serves as an introduction to the school experience. Licensed teachers work with students to practice and target essential learning areas before entering kindergarten.
- Early childhood screening: Screening is required for children ages three-and-a-half years of age and older planning to attend school in the Anoka-Hennepin School District.
- Preschool enrichment: The Community Schools program offers a wide range of enrichment activities and athletic programs to provide young children with additional opportunities to learn and grow.
- Swimming lessons: Community Education offers swimming lessons for children from six months of age to age five to increase comfort in the water and build a foundation of basic aquatic and water safety skills.