Early Childhood Family Education
Anoka-Hennepin Schools Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) program offers opportunities for learning through play, socialization, and support for families with children ages birth to grade three.
What is ECFE?
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is based on the idea that parents provide their child's first and most significant learning environment and parents are children's first and most enduring teachers. ECFE works to support you as a parent/caregiver and to strengthen and empower families. The goal is to enhance the ability of all parents and other family members to provide the best possible environments for their child's learning and development.
Anoka-Hennepin Schools ECFE program:
- Provides hands-on learning experiences.
- Supports children’s growth and development through play.
- Is taught by licensed early childhood educators and parenting education teachers.
- ECFE activities and classes: Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) offers high-quality programs year-round, designed to support families in parenting efforts of babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Playtime: ECFE offers Playtime sessions for children and parents to participate in fun activities and meet other families.
- Pre-K to grade 3 parenting education and family engagement: Parenting education doesn’t stop when a child completes preschool. ECFE is for elementary school families, too! ECFE offers classes, workshops and parenting resources for families as children transition to elementary school.
Early Childhood Family Education, 2727 N. Ferry St., Anoka, MN 55303
Office hours: Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.