Support at University Avenue - Title I Information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at University Avenue annually discuss, review and revise a Title I Family-School Compact - which is a jointly developed agreement.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
- Leader in Me.
- Reading Interventions.
- Math Interventions.
- Catalyst Leadership Development.
Progress shared winter and spring.
In the Classroom
Teachers and support staff at University Avenue Elementary School ACES develop goals to support student learning through the following:
- All staff will use a collaborative approach towards meeting the needs of all students with a focus on essential learning and data.
- As a magnet school our students learn through inquiry, collaboration, technology, leadership, and experiential learning through an Aerospace Lens.
- Each student sets and tracks personal learning goals and will participate in Leader in Me leadership learning opportunities.
- All students have access to daily reading and math interventions.
The school community will partner with families in providing resources on how to support student growth in reading and math at home.
- K-2 Baggie Books sent home daily.
- Read daily with your child or have them read independently. Students will track their minutes.
- Math Madness – Students complete monthly containing grade level specific math activities and return the calendar to school at the end of the month.
- Ask your child about their Learning and Academic Goals at UAE.
- Attend Family Nights with your child.
Our school is committed to communicating regularly with families about children’s learning. Some of the ways you can expect communication are:
- Daily take-home folders
- Family edulinksystem messages
- Teacher emails, phone calls and classroom newsletters
- Parent-teacher conferences
- University Avenue Elementary website
- ACES Electronic Newsletter
- Social Media – Facebook and Twitter
- UAE Digital Marquee Sign
- Language Line interpreters
- Language interpreters provided for conferences, meetings and school events
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences.
- Results of MCA, MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available by logging into My Student Information on A-H Connect.
View the University Avenue Elementary School family engagement plan. (2022-23 school year - Updated March 14)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2022-23 school year)
View the University Avenue Title I Family-School Compact brochure. (2022-23 school year)
Events at the School
Title I Annual Meeting
Title I Parent Advisory Committee Dates
PTO Meeting Dates
What is Title I funding?
A-H Title I schools
Title I schools [non-public]
Additional information and documents for families