Support at University Avenue - Title I Information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at University Avenue Elementary will annually discuss, review and revise the following Title I Schoolwide efforts.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
University Avenue Elementary is committed to providing an atmosphere of learning for all students. We will focus on the following this year:
- Reading Interventions
- Math Interventions
- Catalyst Leadership Development
- Leader in Me
Progress on these school efforts will be reported to families during PTO meetings January 18, 2024 and May 9, 2024.
In the Classroom
- Use a collaborative approach towards meeting the needs of all students with a focus on essential learning and data.
- Each student sets and tracks personal learning goals and will participate in Leader in Me leadership learning opportunities.
- As a magnet school our students learn through inquiry, collaboration, technology, leadership, and experiential learning through an Aerospace Lens.
- All students have access to daily reading and math interventions.
- Ask your child about their Learning and Academic Goals at UAE.
- Ask your child about the Leader in Me Habits that help them with learning.
- Attend Family Nights with your child.
- K-2 Baggie Books sent home daily.
- Read daily with your child or have them read independently. Students will track their minutes on their monthly calendar.
- Students complete grade level specific monthly Math Madness calendar activities and return calendar at the end of the month.
Our school is committed to keeping families informed.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences
- Teachers can also provide information about your student’s learning habits
- Results of MCA, NWEA MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available on in the My Student Test Results app on A-H Connect
Find the following information by visiting our school website:
- Volunteer opportunities
- Details about the family events that will be happening at our school
View the University Avenue Elementary School family engagement plan. (2023-24 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2023-24 school year)
View the University Avenue Title I Family-School Compact brochure. (2023-24 school year)
Events for Families
Leader in Me Kickoff!
Thursday, September 21, 2023
Mathnasium Family Night
Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Thursday, May 23, 2024
**Additional dates for Grade Level Specific Nights**
- October 2, 2023
- October 4 , 2023
- October 10, 2023
- February 20, 2024
- February 22, 2024
- February 28, 2024
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meetings
September 21, 2023 *
November 9, 2023
January 18, 2024 *
February 21, 2024
March 21, 2024
May 9, 2024 *
September 25-29, 2023
October 6, 2023
November 17, 2023
February 16, 2024
April 19, 2024
* Information about Title I funded activities will be shared and your input will be gathered.