Support at Madison - Title I Information
Title I school teams meet with families each year to determine the best ways to work together to make sure all students get the individual support they need to reach and exceed grade level standards. The families and staff at Madison Elementary will annually discuss, review and revise the following Title I Schoolwide efforts.
Title I School Improvement Strategies
Madison Elementary is committed to providing an atmosphere of learning for all students. We will focus on the following this year:
- Student Reading Achievement-Classroom & Intervention
- Student Math Achievement-Classroom & Intervention
- Social & Emotional Learning- Character Strong
- Student Engagement & Learning Climate
Progress on these school efforts will be reported to families in the Madison Memo monthly newsletters and at Madison’s monthly PAC/PTO meetings during the Principal’s Update.
In the Classroom
- Provide a safe, welcoming, supportive learning environment
- Respect the cultural differences of students and their families
- Monitor student progress and share successes and concerns with families
- Establish high academic and behavior standards for all students and to provide academic supports and learning extensions as needed.
- Make sure my child attends school regularly and on time
- Communicate with my child’s teacher(s) and view correspondence about important information relating to my child’s education
- Consider volunteering in my child’s classroom and/or serving on the Title I Parent Advisory Committee (PAC)
- Ensure my child reads at least 20 minutes a day at home
- Be part of the Madison school community by participating in school events
- Discuss with my child these expectations: I will share what I learn at school with my family, I will show respect to myself and others at school, I will always do my best and ask for help when I need it
Our school is committed to keeping families informed.
- Grade level expectations and student progress will be explained at fall and winter conferences
- Teachers can also provide information about your student’s learning habits
- Results of MCA, NWEA MAP, and other grade appropriate assessments will be provided at conferences and made available on in the My Student Test Results app on A-H Connect
Find the following information by visiting our school website:
- Volunteer opportunities
- Details about the family events that will be happening at our school
View the Madison Elementary School family engagement plan. (2023-24 school year)
View the annual meeting presentation. (2023-24 school year)
View the Madison Elementary School Title I Family School Compact. (2023-24 school year)
Events for Families
Madison Back-to-School Kick-Off
August 29, 2023 • 4:30-6:30 p.m.
September 14, 2023 • 5:30-7:30 p.m.
September 21, 2023 • 5:30-7:30 p.m.
I Love to Read Month Celebration
February 29, 2024 • 6-7:30 p.m.
Fall Conferences - Oct. 2, 3, 10, 2023
Winter Conferences - Feb. 15, 20, 22, 2024
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) Meeting
February 8 *
May 9 *
* Information about Title I funded activities will be shared and your input will be gathered.