Raising children is both a joy and a challenge. Babies do not come with instruction manuals, and questions often arise about the best ways to nurture and care for children as they grow from infants and toddlers, to preparing to board the school bus on the first day of kindergarten.
Anoka-Hennepin Community Education offers a wide range of classes, programs and services to meet your changing needs and interests, in addition to learning and enrichment opportunities for early learners ages birth - five years of age:
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE): Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) offers classes, events, playtimes and other opportunities designed to give families information, ideas and skills to support their child's growth and development from birth to kindergarten. ECFE is a unique opportunity for families to participate in learning opportunities with their children.
- Resources: Anoka-Hennepin Community Education and the Anoka-Hennepin School District offer a wide range of resources to support families raising early learners ages birth to five years of age.
- Anoka-Hennepin Schools Preschool: Preschool serves as an introduction to the school experience. Licensed teachers work with students to practice and target essential learning areas before entering kindergarten.
- Preschool enrichment: The Community Schools program offers a wide range of enrichment activities and athletic programs to provide young children with additional opportunities to learn and grow.
- Swimming lessons: Community Education offers swimming lessons for children from six months of age to age five to increase comfort in the water and build a foundation of basic aquatic and water safety skills.