Policies for youth activities and classesCommunity Education welcomes participants of all abilities. People with disabilities registering for community education programs may request reasonable accommodates with advance notice. To request an accommodate, please write your accommodation needs on the registration form. This document will be provided in alternate formats within three-days notice. Please contact your school Community Education office with your request.
How to registerFor your convenience, the Community Schools program offers multiple registration options:
If you need assistance with online registration or have questions regarding a specific class:
- Online: Register for activities and classes online using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover card. It's convenient, secure and available 24-hours a day.
- Mail-in or drop-off: Participants may pay with a personal check, cash or credit card. Make checks payable to Anoka-Hennepin ISD #11.
- School year: Registrations may be mailed to or dropped off at the location that the activity or class is being held.
- Summer: Registrations may be mailed to or dropped off at the main Community Education office, located at 2727 N. Ferry St., Anoka, MN 55303.
- School-year: Contact the Community Education office of the school at which the class is being offered.
- Summer: Call the summer Community Schools office at 763-506-5312.
PaymentParticipants are enrolled in the class upon receipt of registration and payment. Registrations are not complete without payment. A registration confirmation will be emailed to you if an email address is provided. Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Fee assistanceLimited fee assistance is available for students who qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
Customer-initiated cancellations made at least five business days before the class is scheduled to start may qualify for a refund less $10. Customer-initiated cancellations made less than five business days before the class is scheduled to start are not eligible for a refund. Activities with low enrollment may be cancelled, in which participants will be notified and payment refunded.
Cancellations and refunds
Waiting listsIf a class is full at the time of your registration, you may request to be placed on a waiting list. You will not be charged unless class space becomes available, in which case you will be notified by phone or email.
All activities and classes that are cancelled due to school closures or inclement weather will not be rescheduled. Credits are not issued for cancellations due to school closings and inclement weather conditions.
- School-year: Community Education activities and classes will be cancelled if Anoka-Hennepin Schools are closed due to inclement weather.
- Summer: The decision to cancel activities and classes will be made by the class instructors at the class location just prior to class time.