Adventures Plus is the Anoka-Hennepin School District's school-age care program, offered to all families in the school district and provided at each elementary school. Care is available before- and after-school, and on school release days which include winter, spring and summer breaks.
The Adventures Plus program aims to develop the whole child by providing age-appropriate learning experiences and opportunities using a theme-based curriculum with activities that include:
- Arts, crafts, dance/movement and drama
- Literature and music
- Science discovery
- Sensory and outdoor play
- Small- and large-group activities
- Field trips
- Opportunities for homework assistance
A variety of flexible care options are available to meet your families needs.
- School year care: Before- or after-school, from 6:30 a.m. until the school start time and from school dismissal time until 6 p.m.
- School release days: Child care is available for school-age children on days that school is not in session, including winter and spring breaks.
- Summer care: All-day care is available at select school sites for students entering kindergarten, elementary and middle school.
How to apply
Adventures Plus is a popular service and child care openings fill quickly. Pre-registration for the school year program occurs each March. Registrations for current families are accepted in April, although the program accepts registrations throughout the year and children may be enrolled as openings become available. New families may call the Adventures Plus office for an application and enrollment information.