Compliments to give your daughterWhen it comes to the little person in your life, try using compliments for girls that reflect self-esteem and confidence. With International Women’s Day—and Women’s History month—upon us, there’s no better time to celebrate even the youngest women in your life by recognizing all the things our daughters can do. From appreciating her creative side to how far and fast her strong legs will carry her, here are 15 nice things to say to your daughter today (and every day).
1. I love how hard you worked hard on this project, and how you stuck with it even when you got frustrated. Focus on how they overcame the challenge and what they accomplished.
2. You make the world a better place just by being in it. And if anyone thinks otherwise, it’s their loss!
3. Don’t let mean kids tell you what to think of yourself. Your self-esteem belongs to only you.
4. I’m so happy you’re in my life. After all, wouldn’t you want to hear that from someone you love?
5. Isn’t it great that your strong legs can help you run super fast? Praising the things a little girl can do with her body instead of noticing how it looks will help her appreciate, and strive for, a healthy lifestyle.
6. I love the color combo you’ve got going on today, it’s very creative! Nice things to say to your daughter don’t have to focus on just looks. Compliment your daughter on her outfit when you focus on her creativity, rather than how pretty she looks.
7. You are a kind person. Compliments for girls that focus on kindness, courage, and honesty will go far in building self-esteem.
8. I’m really impressed with how you solved/built/created that. Can you show me a thing or two?! Praise your daughter for her critical thinking and problem-solving prowess, and nurture her interest in all things STEAM.
9. I think you are a great leader. One of the best things you can do for your daughter is showing her that being a leader isn’t just “being bossy.”
10. I am proud of you. Because kids need to hear this from their parents.
11. Just be yourself. It’s enough. Girls are constantly being told they aren’t enough, and it’s time to break the cycle and instill confidence.
12. Your ideas are important, and I want to hear them. Kids in general, but especially girls, need to know their ideas are awesome and worth sharing.
13. Your bright smile shows me how happy you are. She’s smiling for a reason, and when you notice, it’ll make her even happier.
14. Your inner beauty and kindness shine through your personality. Your outer beauty is an added bonus.
15. You’re strong, you’re smart, and you can change the world. Because she can!
Do you have more compliments to add to this list? Share your thoughts on our Facebook page!Cullen, G., Singer, L., (2018, March 8). Compliments You Need to Give Your Daughter [blog post]. Retrieved from http://redtri.com/compliments-you-need-to-give-your-daughter/