What are ECFE Home Visits?
Through the Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) program, licensed early childhood teachers meet with families who have questions about their infant, toddler, or preschooler. Teachers offer support on topics such as development concerns, sleep issues, separation, challenging behaviors, and more.
Families may also be connected to other resources such as:
- early childhood screening,
- community programs, and
- preschool and ECFE class opportunities.
How do Home Visits work?
- A licensed teacher meets with parent and child together.
- Visits can be in your home, at school, or virtual.
- Age-appropriate activities are brought for the child along with individualized support for parents.
Who is Eligible for Home Visits?
- Families with children age birth up to kindergarten who live in the Anoka-Hennepin school district boundaries.
How much does a Home Visit cost?
- There is no cost; Home Visits are free.