What are ECFE Home Visits?
Through the Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) program, licensed early childhood teachers meet with families who have questions about their infant, toddler, or preschool-age child. Teachers offer support and resources on development concerns, sleep issues, separation, challenging behaviors, and more.
Families may also be connected to other resources such as:
- early childhood screening,
- community programs, and
- preschool and ECFE class opportunities.
How do home visits work?
- A licensed teacher meets with the parent and child together.
- Visits can be in your home, at school, or virtual.
- Age-appropriate activities are brought for the child along with individualized support for parents.
Who is Eligible for Home Visits?
- Families with children from birth up to kindergarten age who live within the Anoka-Hennepin school district boundaries.
How much does a Home Visit cost?
- There is no cost; home visits are free.