CTE Course Syllabus
Course Name: Digital Photography II
Program of Study: Communications Technology Occupations
Subcategory: Communications Technology Occupations
Anoka-Hennepin Number: 76542 (Digital Photography II)
State Prog. Code: 171502 - Course Code: 50
Number Days: 58 Approx. Hrs.: 65 - Term: 1 Tri
Number of Credits: .5
Prerequisites: Digital Photography I
Brief Description: Elective open to grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. This class is designed to provide advanced theory and practice in the use of digital cameras and photographic software. The entire photographic process from planning the shots to image manipulation in the digital darkroom will be covered.
Course Outcomes: The following topics will be addressed:
- Understand and demonstrate proper safety procedures in the area of dress, equipment hazards, behavior, accident procedures, computer ergonomics and digital security as it pertains to photo programs
- Course work will focus on advanced site selection, lighting, camera positioning, and all aspects of a creative photo shoot.
- Mastery in linking workflow photography to final shot manipulation/enhancement using both computer and mobile software [i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe CS6, Adobe Bridge, I-Photo [or similar], and Photo Booth [or similar], Instagram, Adobe PS Express etc.
- Emphasis will be placed on creativity, and using multiple photographic technologies, including but not limited to DSLR, SLR, Digital Cameras, Smartphones, and tablets.
Methods: This course will include required reading that relates to the instructional units listed, lectures, discussions, demonstrations, and self-paced work. Although this is a hands-on, computer-based course, it will be necessary for students to become familiar with new terms, concepts and processes before practicing new skills. All lectures and demonstrations are followed by activities that allow students to more fully understand the presented material.
Evaluation: The grade for this course will be based on the following:
- A – 100% - 90%
- B – 89% - 80%
- C – 79% - 70%
- D – 69% - 60%
- F – 59% or below
Grades will consist of tests, daily assignments, a portfolio, participation and attendance.
Resources: The following resources are needed daily for this course:
- Pen or Pencil
- Thumb Drive for computer classes
- A digital camera and USB cable (school cameras/accessories may be checked out for 2 days at a time)
- Appropriate clothing for work in class – See instructor for complete list of appropriate clothing as different classes have different requirements.
Attend. & Conduct: Attendance and class participation are critical to the student's success in understanding and gaining familiarity with CTE concepts. Please notify the instructor if you will be missing any classes. Students are expected to submit their own work for this course. Academic dishonesty will NOT be tolerated. This includes copying the work of other students during examinations; unauthorized collaboration on homework and project assignments; unauthorized use of the internet to obtain homework and/or test answers; representing work done by others as your own.
College Credit or Professional Certification: Pending
# Coll Cr (if any): School(s) Accepting Credit:
# Hrs Toward Prof. Cert. (if any): 0 Qualification Method: Course compl. w/specified grade