Scholarships are awarded based on a student's academic or athletic achievement, cultural or religious background, or special skills and talents.
While you might wonder how to find scholarships, in reality the majority of students receive scholarships given to them from the institution they attend. An institution might offer you a scholarship when you apply. Or, you might need to complete a separate application to receive an institutional scholarship.
Minnesota state government scholarships for specific student groups:
- Minnesota Indian Scholarship
- Minnesota Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Minnesota Educational Assistance for War Orphans
- Minnesota Veterans' Dependents Assistance Program
- Education Vouchers for Former Youth In Care
- Other Minnesota financial aid programs specific to students from special circumstances
Before you accept any scholarships review these scholarship tips. In addition be wary of any scholarship search companies charging fees, guarantying scholarships, and asking for your credit card or checking account information to receive a scholarship.