About the PLAN testThe PLAN test can help all students, from those who are college-bound to those who are likely to enter the workforce directly after high school.
As a "pre-ACT" test, PLAN is a powerful predictor of success on the ACT. It assesses academic progress and is an early indicator of college readiness. It also focuses attention on both career preparation and improving academic achievement. The areas tested are English, Mathematics, Reading and Science.
The PLAN test can:
- Stimulate thinking and planning for life after high school.
- Assess status of academic preparation for postsecondary education.
- Support meaningful high school course selection for junior and senior years.
- Relate personal characteristics to educational and career options.
- Help focus test preparation to improve ACT scores.
- Provide an estimated ACT Composite score.
- Increase their likelihood of being contacted by colleges (if preferred).
This year's PLAN tests is yet to be scheduled. Check back for more information.