The Shelf is an in school resource to help students and families in economic crisis. Located in House 1, The Shelf has food, school supplies, personal hygiene items and limited clothing. The hours are 7:15 a.m. to 3 p.m. Parents are welcome anytime during the day. If you have further questions, feel free to contact Christine Anderson at 763-506-6919.
Inventive students and community members who do special things for The Shelf
- 27 families were sponsored during the holidays with gifts by St. Gerard's Church, Champlin Allina Clinic, CPHS Boys & Girls Hockey, and CPHS BPA.
- CPHS parents made 30 plates of cookies for families in need this holiday season.
- A grandmother of former CPHS students donated two large bags of handmade mittens.
- CPHS internship programs (BPA, DECA, FCCLA) sponsored a holiday food drive in 1st hour classes.
- Student Council members collected food donations in their neighborhood in lieu of trick-or-treating.
- NHS members use their own money to make fleece blankets.
- Boys and Girls Soccer held a "Kick Out Hunger" food drive during their youth night.
- One mom won a contest for us and CPHS received hundreds of granola bars. She also contributes through her couponing and her website where she encourages other couponers to donate extra food and supplies.
- Champlin United Methodist washed 40 bags of our lost and found clothing.
- Tonia's Tots Daycare did a compassion project by getting donations from the neighborhood.
- CPHS staff are are always giving and finding ways to support The Shelf.