Become part of the Anoka-Hennepin team
Anoka-Hennepin Schools is a great place to live, work, learn and play. Our communities work together to provide residents with safe and friendly neighborhoods, high-quality schools, a wide range of business and economic opportunities, beautiful parks, and abundant recreational activities.
It is the vision of the Anoka-Hennepin School District to be a public school system of excellence, with high-quality staff and programs and successful graduates. All Anoka-Hennepin staff play a role in preparing students for life - and we are always looking for professionals, parents, volunteers, or community members to join us in providing students a future without limit.
Join our team! Feel free to reach out to Anoka-Hennepin Employee Services Department with any questions at 763-506-1100.
We're hiring for a variety of positions: part-time and full-time, daytime and evening:
- Special Education Paras
- Elementary and Secondary Paras
- Bus Paras
- Custodians, full-time and part-time
- Child Nutrition (food services) - full-time and part-time
- Before and after-school child care staff in Adventures Plus
- Preschool and Early Childhood Family Education staff
- Community Education Coaches
- Facility Monitors
- Daily Substitutes - teachers, paras, custodians, child nutrition assistants
How to apply
Step 1: Go to the applicant login page. Click the "Apply online" link above to visit the applicant login page.
Step 2: Review open job postings. To review open job postings, click on the "Job openings" link above. You will also be able to view the list of vacancies when clicking on the "Apply online" link. It is not necessary to create an application or log into your existing application when viewing current job postings.
Step 3: Create an application. To create an application, click on the "Apply online" link above, then click on the "Start an application for employment" link located under the External Applicants heading. Read the "Welcome, New Applicant" instructions, then click on "Start" to begin entering your application information. To log back into your existing application, go to "Apply online" and click on the "Log in" link located under External Applicants. From the application "Welcome" page, click on "Edit" to find your application information.
Step 4: Apply. Apply for jobs - after logging into your online application, go to the Vacancies Desired page (page 4 on your online application), scroll to find desired job posting(s), check the box for the job, and follow the prompts. Important: Be sure to click on "Finish and Submit" each time you apply for a job posting.
For help with your application, please call the Employee Services help desk at 763-506-1100.
What happens next?
- When a position becomes vacant, Employee Services will post the position on the Anoka-Hennepin online application system.
- Once a posted position has closed, principals and/or hiring administrators will review submitted online applications. They will select their candidates and conduct interviews.
- Principals/hiring administrators may contact candidates via email or telephone for additional information and/or interview times.
All staff play an important role in preparing students for life, and you can help!
Frequently asked questions
How to apply
Employment opportunity notifications
Sign up for periodic notifications regarding posted positions and job fairs. You will not be notified of every job posted - you will need to continue to check our employment page. However, hard-to-fill positions, mid-year postings, and other announcements may be sent. You can opt out at any time.
Anoka-Hennepin posts vacancies on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Vacancies are typically posted for one week, or in accordance with working agreement language. It is recommended you check our employment page weekly to not miss job opportunities.
- Classified position (secretary, custodian, buildings/grounds, food services (CNP), Adventures Plus, community ed, etc)
- Elementary teachers
- Secondary teachers
- K-12 Speciality teachers
- Special Education teachers
- Other licensed positions - (social worker, counselor, school nurse, OT, PT, speech clinician, psychologist, principals)