Library media services
The mission of district media services is to provide leadership to all site-based library media departments as they strive to improve student achievement and prepare students for 21st century success and take a leadership role in the use of centralized content in all formats.
The vision of district media services is that parents, staff, and students understand that high levels of student achievement and success beyond school requires the love of learning and are advocates for all Anoka-Hennepin school library programs.
Anoka-Hennepin school libraries use the Destiny Library and Destiny Textbook Management System.
Ordering library resources via Destiny
Once you're on the welcome page, select your school and follow the instructions in the attachment below (you may want to print it or open it in another window). If you are not in a building with a library media center, choose "all others" from the list on the "welcome" page. Also, print or open the "all others" document listed below. Please contact your library media specialist or Cindy (61335) for more help.
eResources for kindergarten through grade 12
Don't forget, your library media specialist is a resource too!
Current Anoka-Hennepin students and staff can login to this Google Document using their district username and password to learn how to access eResources at home. Once logged in, please note databases in bold are a library preferred eResources.
eResources for elementary
- Britannica: Encyclopedia, journal articles, images, videos, audios, primary source documents, maps, Web sites, learning games, a world atlas, dictionary in English and Spanish, and how-to research tools.
- Britannica kindergarent through grade two
- Facts4Me: Online reference tool.
- World Book Encyclopedia Online: Online research tools that includes encyclopedia articles, primary source collections, educator tools, student activities, pictures, audio, and video, complemented by current periodicals and related websites.
- World Book Early World of Learning
- World Book Kids
- World Book Student
- World Book Timelines
Animals, biographies, U.S. states, American Indian history
- PebbleGo/PebbleGo Next: A curricular content hub specifically designed for K-5 students. Modules include Animals and Biographies in the PebbleGo (K-3) tab, and States and American Indian History in the PebbleGo Next (3-5) tab. Informational articles, ready-made activities, and literacy supports including read-along audio and word-by-word highlighting.
- Culturegrams: Countries, U.S. states, and Canada.
- LearningExpress Library: Interactive collection of tests, tutorials, and eBooks categorized in Learning Centers including School Center, College Admissions Test Preparation, College Students, High School Equivalency Center, Adult Core Skills, Career Preparation, and Recursos para Hispanohablantes (Spanish Center). You can find college entrance exams in College Admissions Test Preparation Center.
- Teaching Books: Bringing books to life with this collection of resources.