Superintendent David Law
David Law enters his seventh year as superintendent of the Anoka-Hennepin School District after being named Minnesota Superintendent of the Year for 2020.
A proud alumni of Coon Rapids High School and former student at both Sorteberg Elementary School and Northdale Middle School in Anoka-Hennepin, Law advanced to earn a bachelor's degree in mathematics from Hamline University, Saint Paul, and then a law degree from William Mitchell College of Law, also in Saint Paul. He completed his superintendent's licensure at the University of Minnesota.
Superintendent Law began his employment career in Anoka-Hennepin as a lifeguard and began his teaching career at Coon Rapids High School. He advanced to administrative leadership positions as Dean of students in the Mounds View school district, middle school assistant principal in Anoka-Hennepin, middle school principal and assistant superintendent for the White Bear Lake School district prior to returning to lead Anoka-Hennepin as superintendent in 2014.
David Law represents Anoka-Hennepin on the following boards and committees:
- Minnesota Association of School Administrators, Past-President
- Association of Metropolitan School Districts, executive committee
- Anoka Ramsey Community College, community advisory board
- Metro North Chamber of Commerce, foundation board
Highlights of his community involvement include:
- Greater Twin Cities YMCA, board member
- American Heart Association, Twin Cities, board member
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College Community Advisory Board
- Anoka Area Chamber of Commerce Workforce Development Foundation
- Blaine Rotary Club
Law is a district resident with children attending district schools.