Fluency Passages Directions:
Materials: clock or timer, 2 copies of the Reading A-Z passage to be read
1. Read the passage your teacher has assigned to you out loud to your partner. Partners should follow along and mark the last word you read after ONE MINUTE, but continue to read aloud to the end of the passage.
2. With your partner, discuss what the passage was about. What did the author want you to know or learn from the passage?
3. With your partner, talk about which words were difficult for you. Use decoding strategies you have learned.
4. Read the passage again to your partner. Partners should follow along and mark the last word read after ONE MINUTE.
5. Use your tracking sheet to mark your progress.
6. Switch - now the reader becomes the listener.F - IJ - MN - P