Need flexibility in your schedule? Work part-time on the days you are available as a substitute in one of many roles. Opportunities for all education levels, background experience, interests, and schedule availability. Perfect for parents with children in hybrid learning and for college students!
16 years+ (no HS degree needed)
- Substitute Custodian; 4:00pm to 8:00pm shifts; $16.50/hr
- Substitute Childcare / Adventures Plus; early morning and/or late afternoon shifts; $14.00/hr
HS diploma or equivalent
- Substitute Special Ed Para; 6.5-hour shifts during the school day; $17.50/hr
- Substitute Elementary or Secondary Para; 3 to 6.5-hour shifts during the school day; $16.50/hr
- Substitute Food Service (Child Nutrition); 3 to 5.5-hour shifts mid-day; $15.30/hr
- Substitute Facility Monitor; various shifts during or after school; $14.67/hr
- Substitute Secretary; 3 to 8-hour shifts during the school day; $15.00/hr
- Substitute ECFE/Preschool Assistant; various shifts during day or evening; $16.25/hr
Teacher License (any area), or PELSB Short-Call Substitute License
- Substitute Teacher; $180/day
LPN or RN License
- Substitute Health Para; 6.5-hour shift during the school day; $23.50/hr
Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood
- Substitute Preschool Instructor; $21.75/hr
Do you have a four-year Bachelor's degree? You can be a substitute teacher!
With 3,000 teachers in the Anoka-Hennepin School District, there is a large need for substitute teachers every day.
- Anoka-Hennepin accepts the Short-Call Substitute license.
- Visit the PELSB (Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board) website to apply for a substitute license. Proof of your bachelor's degree, background check, and fingerprints are required.
- When you receive an email with your license file number, apply for the substitute teacher posting on our site, indicate you have applied for the license, then add the file number you receive under the "Certifications" section. Indicate "yes" to having a teacher license IF your short-call substitute license has already been processed.
- Once your application is reviewed and accepted by Employee Services, you will receive an email with employment forms to complete.
- Pick the days, grade levels, subjects, and locations you want to work at each day!
- Rate of pay: $180/day
Retired Anoka-Hennepin teachers only: You do not need to complete the online application. Contact the Absence Management (Aesop) help desk at 763-506-1092.
If you have questions regarding substitute opportunities, call Employee Services Department at 763-506-1100.
Substitute for Child nutrition program
Substitute ECFE teacher
Substitute ECFE/preschool assistant
Substitute elementary and secondary para
Substitute English as a second language para
Substitute health para
Substitute preschool instructor
Substitute special education para