Transportation in the hybrid learning format
The Anoka-Hennepin transportation department is committed to getting students back and forth to school safely. In the hybrid learning format, students will ride with about 50% of the capacity of the bus/vehicle. A variety of safety measures are being added as well.
Family and student expectations
- Passive health screenings are to be performed by families before students board the bus.
- All kindergarten through grade 12 students are required to wear face coverings unless there is a disability, medical condition or health condition that makes it difficult. See policy.
- Parents/guardians are asked to teach students social distancing so that it's followed at the bus stop.
- Students from the same household are encouraged to sit together.
- Bus information will be posted online on or about Sept. 4 for elementary students, followed by Sept. 14 for middle and high school students. To find your student's bus information log in to A-HConnect and follow these step-by-step directions.
- Bus letters will be mailed on Sept. 4, arriving at households the following week.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to use the FirstView bus app to track the timing of buses.
- Transportation will post the average passenger counts for each bus.
- Under unusual circumstances, due to COVID-19 response plans, there may be schedule disruptions. The transportation department will do all it can to provide service, however, route time may need to change. Changes will be communicated as soon as possible.
ContactTransportation department2727 N Ferry St.Anoka, MN 55303Phone: 763-506-1125Fax: 763-506-1133Office hours:Monday thru Friday7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.