School Bus Safety: Be Ready for the Ride
The Department of Public Safety and the State Patrol are excited to announce the release of our School Bus Safety: Be Ready for the Ride training video. This video can be used to supplement the annual school bus safety training requirements outlined in MN State Statute 123B.90 or as a general reminder to students.
The district transportation department, along with our bus contractors, are busy getting ready for a great start to the 2017-18 school year. We thought the following information might be helpful to you as you make your plans:
- School year bus information will be mailed Aug. 25. It should begin arriving at homes Aug. 26, 27 or 29.
- Route information will be available on A-HConnect (follow these step-by-step directions) starting Aug. 25.
- If your child is attending a daycare, please complete the “Alternate Stops/Day Care” form and return it to our office as quickly as possible.
- If your child is open-enrolled (you reside outside of the school district or outside the attendance area of the school your child(ren) attends) please complete the “Out of District/Out of Attendance Area” form and return it as soon as possible. We will locate the closest existing stop and respond to you with the stop location as quickly as we can.
- If you have a bus stop concern or route change request, please complete the “Route Change Request” form and submit it for route coordinators to review.
- If you have a young, first-time rider, please refer to the “Secrets of a Successful Bus Ride” brochure.
- If you are new to the school district and do not know what school your child attends, please follow the link to "Routes, boundaries and walking paths" in the left navigation or go to ahschools.us/schoolfinder.
- New legislative changes in transportation (2017-18 school year).
School district staff along with our bus company partners is working very hard this summer to make it a safe, successful and smooth school startup.
For general transportation questions, please contact our transportation department at 763-506-1125.
ContactTransportation department2727 N Ferry St.Anoka, MN 55303Phone: 763-506-1125Fax: 763-506-1133Office hours:Monday thru Friday7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.