District parent advisory committee (district PAC)
This is a group of parents whose children are being served by state and federal program teachers within the Anoka-Hennepin School District. The committee met as part of community curriculum advisory committee meetings on Oct.16, 2017 and April 17, 2018 to:
- Discuss matters related to program goals.
- Collect feedback on parent engagement activities.
- Review a survey for parents in order to make changes based upon parent input.
- Review building specific parent involvement plans as well as the district parent involvement plan.
- Be a part of the preparation of the federal grant application, etc.
- If you would like more information, contact Beth Engman at 763-506-1136.
Title I parents' right to know
As a parent, you have the right...
- To know the qualifications of your child's teacher.
- To know when your child has a substitute teacher for more than four weeks and the qualification of the substitute teacher.
- To expect regular communication with your school in a language and format that you can understand.
- To work with other parents and staff to jointly develop, and provide input on the Family-School Compact, Parent Involvement Plan and Family Engagement planning.
To receive information about the qualifications of your child's teacher, parents should contact the child's principal or submit a request to Sarah Kriewall, employee services, Anoka-Hennepin School District, 2727 N Ferry St., Anoka, MN 55303-1650. Please include your child's name, the school your child attends, the information you are requesting, and the names of the teachers or paraprofessionals for whom you would like this information.