Trauma response teamThe trauma response team consists of 90 trained professionals, all who work for the Anoka-Hennepin Schools. The team is comprised of school counselors, social workers and nurses. All trauma response team members are volunteers who have received special training in trauma management and interventions and who have the experience necessary to support students and assist staff with trauma management.
The primary role of the trauma response team is:
- Support building administration in time of crisis.
- Counsel and monitor students in need.
- Enable the school to return to normal routine as soon as possible.
- Make referrals and network with the community.
- Address and determine best practices for counseling and student safety.