Let's talk multiculturalism in the classroom (LTMC)
The Let's Talk Multiculturalism in the Classroom program educates students and staff on understanding cultural similarities and differences, identifying strategies to counteract discrimination, stereotypes, bullying, and racism, developing critical thinking skills, and understanding the school district core values.
Educating for character - Anoka Hennepin core values:
- Respect - To show consideration for self, others and property.
- Responsibility - To carry out obligations in a dependable manner; to acknowledge the consequences and rewards of one's choices; to contribute to society.
- Integrity - To display honesty, perseverance, confidence and pride, trustworthiness, and the courage of one's convictions.
- Compassion - to show empathy, generosity, kindness, patience and sensitivity.
- Appreciation of Diversity - To recognize and honor the dignity of each individual; to celebrate difference among culture, gender, ability; to work cooperatively with others and to resolve conflicts.