CHAMPLIN PARK'S IB CAREER-RELATED PROGRAM
IB CP AT CHAMPLIN PARK HIGH SCHOOL
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Career-related Programme is a rigorous program for 11th and 12th grade students interested in pursuing a career in a number of exciting fields. The IB Career Programme is a two-year commitment at Champlin Park High School. For a more complete explanation on the IB Career Programme, listen to the IB Matters podcast focused on the nuts and bolts of the program.
BENEFITS OF THE IB CP
Many pathways of study to choose from:
- Architecture/Construction Pathway
- Communications Pathway
- Digital Photo/Video
- Graphic Design
- Manufacturing Pathway
- Medical Pathway:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Pharmacy Technician
- Sports Medicine
- Education Pathway:
- K-12 education, postsecondary education, corporate trainer, coaching
- Culinary Pathway:
- Restuarant ownership, professional coooking, catering, hospitality
- Cybersecurity Pathway
- Cybersecurity professional, networking, IT
- Transportation Careers Pathway
ALL pathways result in certification in the field and/or articulated college credit
THE IB CAREER-RELATED PROGRAM IS FOR YOUR IF:
- You enjoy hands-on, real world education in a challenging environment
- You want to be prepared for the workforce or continued education
- You desire to be a critical thinker and leader in your future career field
- All Career Programme students must take one trimester of Personal and Professional Skills in both the 11th and 12th grade years.
- All Career Programme students will also take 2 trimesters of a world language or ASL in the junior year.
- All Career Programme students must complete Service Learning experiences.
- In the architecture/construction, photo/video, graphic design, transportation, culinary, cybersecurity/IT, and medical pathways, upper level career courses will be conducted at STEP