For interested student athletes:
- Monday - Friday 5:45pm-8pm at Northdale
- Saturday 9:45am-12pm at Northdale
- Monday and Wednesday 5pm-5:45pm strength training at CRHS
- 7th-12th grade welcome!
- No swimming or diving experience necessary
- Everyone gets to compete regardless of ability - we do not cut athletes
- All you need is a swimsuit and goggles
- Practices are at Northdale Middle School Pool, generally from 6pm-8pm.
- Girls' season begins Monday, August 13th, 2018 and ends in early November.
- Boys' season begins Monday, November 26th, 2018 and ends in late February.
- Questions? Call or text Coach Doug at 612-440-4630 or email at email@example.com
The 2018-2019 school year will mark Doug Donaldson’s fourth year as Head Coach of the Coon Rapids Girls’ and Boys’ Swimming and Diving Teams. Prior to becoming Head Coach at Coon Rapids, Doug spent three seasons as an Assistant Coach for the Coon Rapids Girls’ Swimming and Diving Team and three seasons as an Assistant Coach at Andover High School for the Boys’ Swimming and Diving Team, where he was named the 7AA Section Boys’ Assistant Coach of the Year twice. Doug has had the privilege of coaching 10 individual state qualifiers, 4 state qualifying relays, 16 All-Conference athletes, 8 Academic-All Americans, and his athletes have set a combined 18 school records.
During the Boys’ 2017-2018 season, Doug guided the team to their first state appearance since 2012, and their highest team point total at the Section meet since 2008. The team’s outstanding performance led to Doug being named Section 7AA Boys’ Head Coach of the Year.
The Girls’ team also enjoyed a ton of success during the 2017-2018 season, breaking three school records and making their third consecutive state appearance, finishing 22nd overall. Additionally, the Girls earned the MSHSL Gold Award for having a 3.81 Team GPA.
Doug is a 2012 graduate of Saint John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota, and was a member of the swimming and diving team. Doug graduated from Coon Rapids High School and swam for five years as a member of the Coon Rapids High School Team. He also swam club with the Great Wolf Swim Team.
Doug is President of the Minnesota High School Boys' Swimming and Diving Coaches Association and also serves as the Northwest Suburban Conference Swimming and Diving Statistician. He is a member of the National Interscholastic Swim Coaches Association and is a National Federation of State High School Associations Certified Interscholastic Coach. Doug works full time at a commercial real estate firm in Minneapolis.