Welcome to CRHS Orchestras
The Coon Rapids Orchestra has three curricular ensembles:
- Orchestra Level 1: 9th Grade only string orchestra ensemble
- Orhcestra Level 2: Symphonic Orchestra - a 9-12 string/full orchestra ensemble
- Orchestra Level 3: Concert Orchestra - a 10-12 honors level string/full orchestra ensemble
We also have two extra-curricular groups:
Michael Watson, Director
- Folk Music Group (grade 9-12 non-audition group open to all orchestra students).
- Cardinal Strings (grades 10-12 auditioned ensemble)
The vision of the CRHS Orchestra is to develop independent, respectful, and quality musicians & people.
The NAMM Foundation's Best Communities for Music Education (BCME) is a signature program of The NAMM Foundation that recognizes and celebrates school districts and schools for their support and commitment to music education and efforts to assure access to music for all students as part of a well-rounded education.