WELCOME TO THE CARDINAL WRITING CENTER
WHAT IS THE WC?
The Cardinal Writing Center is an inviting space where you feel welcomed to do the following:
- Work intensively on your writing (chicken scratch - final drafts)
- Ask questions about your writing
- Practice new skills, request feedback, and discuss ares you would like to improve
WHAT AREAS OF WRITING CAN WE HELP WITH?
WHO IS IF FOR?
- Brainstorming - (discussing the assignment, bouncing ideas, creating a topic, etc.)
- Thesis - (develop, revise, and improve thesis statement)
- Structure - (organizing / formatting your paper to support your thesis and transition smoothly)
- Idea Development - (expand ideas by fully explaining your thoughts w/supported details / examples)
- Introduction / Conclusion - ( discussing effective openings and how to close your paper)
- Research / Citations - (help finding sources / how to properly cite your sources in your paper)
- All students at CRHS
- All subject areas
- All levels of writers
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Schedule an appointment throughout the school day (must have prior approval from teacher)
- Walk-in after school
HOURS AND LOCATION
Located in the LMC
Monday - Thursday = 8:00am-3:30pm
Friday = 8:00am-2:20pm