Helping students reach their full potentialSchool counselors collaborate with students, families, community members and school personnel to assure that all students realize and integrate their academic, career and personal/social potential in order to develop and achieve an individualized vision of success.
The American School Counselor Association (ASCA) model.
- Collaborate - school counselors collaborate with students, families, school staff and community partners to help schools achieve their mission and students reach their goals.
- Academic support – school counselors help students with topics such as academic organization, course planning, study skills and post-secondary preparation.
- College and career planning – school counselors help students identify possible career paths through interest inventories, personality type assessments and learning style tests. Counselors help students understand the connections between their academic learning, post-secondary education and training, and their career goals.
- Personal/social support – school counselors help students with issues such as bully prevention, anger management, problem solving and cooperation. Counselors work with families to find students additional support if needed.
Free! ACT test offered April 1, 2020Eleventh-graders, take part in the ACT test during the regular school day on April 1, 2020. This will save you the time of having to do it over a weekend! Also, learn more about how this opportunity can steer you in the right direction after graduation.
Make an appointment with your counselor:
* You must be logged into your AH Schools account to access this form.
Contacts:Dan CoxLast names A - De763-506-7152Julia Corneil-SmithLast names Df - I763-506-7128GaVae PinerLast names J - Mi763firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff SteuernagelLast names Mj - Sh763-506-7129
Amy StorrickLast names Si - Z763-506-7127