Helping students reach their full potentialIt is the primary mission of the Anoka-Hennepin School Counseling Program to support students in developing an individual vision of success to meet their academic, personal/social, post-secondary, college and career readiness goals.School counselors collaborate with students, families, community members and school personnel to assure that all students realize and integrate their academic, career and personal/social potential in order to develop and achieve an individualized vision of success.
The American School Counselor Association (ASCA) model.
- Collaborate - school counselors collaborate with students, families, school staff and community partners to help schools achieve their mission and students reach their goals.
- Academic support – school counselors help students with topics such as academic organization, course planning, study skills and post-secondary preparation.
- College and career planning – school counselors help students identify possible career paths through interest inventories, personality type assessments and learning style tests. Counselors help students understand the connections between their academic learning, post-secondary education and training, and their career goals.
- Personal/social support – school counselors help students with issues such as bully prevention, anger management, problem solving and cooperation. Counselors work with families to find students additional support if needed.
ACT updateThe safety of students and test center staff is ACT’s top priority. ACT has rescheduled its April 4 national test date to June 13 across the U.S. in response to concerns about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). All students registered for the April 4 test date will receive an email from ACT in the next few days informing them of the postponement and instructions for free rescheduling to June 13 or a future national test date. Learn more.
Make an appointment with your counselor:
* You must be logged into your AH Schools account to access this form.
School Counselors:Dan CoxLast names A - DeGoogle Voice Phone: 612-564-5082Office Phone: 763-506-7152Julia Corneil-SmithLast names Df - IGoogle Voice Phone: 763-310-1447Office Phone: 763-506-7128GaVae PinerLast names J - MiGoogle Voice Phone: 763-290-0377Office Phone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff SteuernagelLast names Mj - ShGoogle Voice Phone: 612-564-8509Office Phone: 763-506-7129
Amy StorrickLast names Si - ZGoogle Voice Phone: 612-412-4558Office Phone: 763-506-7127
email@example.comSchool Social Worker:Kristen PattonGoogle Voice Phone: 651-290-0035Office Phone: 763-506-7133
Student Achievement Advisors:Andrea Paygar-FlangiahGoogle Voice Phone: 612-405-4263Office Phone: firstname.lastname@example.org