Q Comp Observation 1The first observation for Q Comp will typically take place during the first trimester of the school year.During the observation, data will be collected that illustrates the staff member's proficiency in five component areas.
- Classroom teachers' observations will be focused on five components based on the instructional domain of Char Danielson's Teacher Evaluation Framework.
- Staff in other areas will select a set of five components that best fits their position.
- "Look for" documents are available for each set of components that provide the specific descriptors for the components and examples of what may be observed in a classroom in that area.
- Staff member and peer evaluator work together to schedule the pre-observation conference, observation, and post-observation conference.
- Staff member completes a pre-observation planning form in the online Anoka-Hennepin Employee Performance System.
- Staff member and peer evaluator meet for a pre-observation conference to discuss the lesson and observation.
- During the lesson, the peer evaluator observes and collects data.
- After the lesson, the staff member completes a post-observation reflection in the online Anoka-Hennepin Employee Performance System.
- Staff member and peer evaluator meet for a post-observation conference to reflect on the lesson, review the data that was collected, and discuss plans for future observations.
- Peer evaluator completes a report summarizing the data collected and the post-observation conference with the staff member.