Grow Your Own Program
Are you interested in becoming a teacher? Apply for the Anoka-Hennepin Grow Your Own Teaching program. The Grow Your Own grant is designed to increase teacher diversity in the classroom to reflect the students that the district serves. Additionally, minimal funding will also be given to those interested in Special Education.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Community member or Anoka-Hennepin staff member.
- Does not hold a teaching license.
Community members are defined as:
- Parent of an Anoka-Hennepin student or graduate.
- Graduates of Anoka-Hennepin.
- Live within the district boundaries.
- Affiliated with the district (volunteer work).
What you'll receive:
- Tuition assistance.
- One-on-one advising support throughout the program.
- Support between college staff and employer.
- Stay in your current position while going back to school.
- Connection with mentor teacher.
The Grow Your Own grant is funded by the Minnesota Department of Education.
To apply for the Grow Your Own program, please fill out this form.
Recruitment and retention specialist