• Substitute Employment Information

    Anoka-Hennepin School District knows substitute employees, just as all employees, can have a major impact on student performance in our schools.

    We employ substitutes for the following positions:

    • Paraeducators (Elementary, Secondary, Health, Special Education, and ESL).
    • Secretaries.
    • ECFE/School Readiness.
    • Custodians.
    • Child Nutrition Assistants.
    • Adventures Plus.
    • Adult Basic Education.

    How do I become a substitute employee for Anoka-Hennepin?

    Complete the online application, review and apply for an available substitute posting. Most programs require you to attend a substitute information session.

    When are substitute information sessions held?

    Substitute information sessions for teachers, paraeducators, secretaries and ECFE/School Readiness will be held monthly. All sessions are held at the Educational Services Center, 2727 N Ferry Street in Anoka.

    Bring with you to the substitute information session:

    1. Original non-expired employment documents (i.e. driver's license and social security card, or driver's license and original birth certificate, or passport).
    2. Copy of your online application.
    3. Voided check for direct deposit.

    What happens at the substitute information session?

    Sessions may cover the following:

    • District/school/substitute expectations.
    • Review of the current substitute system - Absence Management (formerly known as Aesop).
    • Completion of district employment forms.
    • Questions and answers.

    I am a retired Anoka-Hennepin teacher. Do I need to complete the online application and apply?

    This answer applies to retired Anoka-Hennepin teachers only: You do not need to complete the online application, however, you will be required to attend a retiree substitute information session.

    Current school year retired teachers: Employee services will schedule a session during one of the teacher staff development days. Watch your district email for information and follow the instructions for registration.

    Previous school year retired teachers: Contact the Absence Management (Aesop) help desk at 763-506-1092 for upcoming session information.

    Do you have a four-year degree?

    If you have a 4-year degree and are interested in educating the students of Anoka-Hennepin Schools for success, Anoka-Hennepin has expanded their substitute teacher opportunities by accepting the limited 2-year short call substitute license. If you are interested in applying for this license, visit the PELSB (Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board) website at http://mn.gov/pelsb. If you have questions regarding substitute opportunities, call Employee Services department at 763-506-1100.