Need flexibility in your schedule?
Work part-time on the days you are available as a substitute in one of many roles.
Opportunities for all education levels, background experience, interests, and schedule availability.
Perfect for parents with children in hybrid learning and for college students!
16yrs+ (no HS degree needed)
- Substitute Custodian; 4:00pm to 8:00pm shifts; $13.00/hr
- Substitute Childcare / Adventures Plus; early morning and/or late afternoon shifts; $12.02/hr
HS diploma or equivalent
- Substitute Special Ed Para; 6.5 hour shifts during school day; $14.00/hr
- Substitute Elementary or Secondary Para; 3 to 6.5 hour shifts during the school day; $12.75/hr
- Substitute Food Service (Child Nutrition); 3 to 5.5 hour shifts mid-day; $12.75/hr
- Substitute School Monitor; various shifts during or after school; $12.75/hr
- Substitute ECFE/Preschool Assistant; various shifts during day or evening; $14.14/hr
Bachelor degree (any major)
- Substitute Teacher; $135/day
LPN or RN License
- Substitute Health Para; 6.5 hour shift during the school day; $18.00/hr
Bachelor degree in Early Childhood
- Substitute Preschool Instructor; $19.05/hr
Do you have ANY four-year Bachelor degree?
You can be a substitute teacher!
With 3,000 teachers in the Anoka-Hennepin School District there is a large need for substitute teachers everyday. You will be able to work as often as you desire.
- Anoka-Hennepin accepts the 2-year short call substitute license.
- Visit the PELSB (Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board) website to apply for a substitute license. Proof of your bachelor degree, background check and fingerprints are the only requirements.
- When you receive an email with your license file number, apply for the licensed substitute teacher position on our site - indicate you have applied for the license and add the file number you receive under the License section. Indicate "yes" to having a teacher license IF your short-call substitute license is already being processed.
- Once your application is reviewed, you will receive an email with employment forms to complete.
- Pick the days, grade levels, subjects and locations you want to work at each day!
- Rate of pay: $135/day
As of September 2020, Anoka-Hennepin is not holding in-person information sessions. When your application has been reviewed and accepted by Employee Services, you will receive an email with employment forms to complete.
Retired Anoka-Hennepin teachers only: You do not need to complete the online application. Contact the Absence Management (Aesop) help desk at 763-506-1092.
If you have questions regarding substitute opportunities, call Employee Services Department at 763-506-1100.