Need flexibility in your schedule?
Work part-time on the days you are available as a substitute in one of many roles.
Opportunities for all education levels, background experience, interests, and schedule availability.
Perfect for parents with children in hybrid learning and for college students!
16 years+ (no HS degree needed)
- Substitute Custodian; 4:00pm to 8:00pm shifts; $13.75/hr
- Substitute Childcare / Adventures Plus; early morning and/or late afternoon shifts; $12.02/hr
HS diploma or equivalent
- Substitute Special Ed Para; 6.5 hour shifts during school day; $14.75/hr
- Substitute Elementary or Secondary Para; 3 to 6.5 hour shifts during the school day; $14.00/hr
- Substitute Food Service (Child Nutrition); 3 to 5.5 hour shifts mid-day; $13.50/hr
- Substitute School Monitor; various shifts during or after school; $14.00/hr
- Substitute ECFE/Preschool Assistant; various shifts during day or evening; $14.14/hr
Bachelor degree (any major)
- Substitute Teacher; $150/day
LPN or RN License
- Substitute Health Para; 6.5 hour shift during the school day; $18.75/hr
Bachelor degree in Early Childhood
- Substitute Preschool Instructor; $19.05/hr
Do you have a four-year Bachelor's degree?
You can be a substitute teacher!
With 3,000 teachers in the Anoka-Hennepin School District, there is a large need for substitute teachers every day. You will be able to work as often as you desire.
- Anoka-Hennepin accepts the 3-year short call substitute license.
- Visit the PELSB (Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board) website to apply for a substitute license. Proof of your bachelor's degree, background check, and fingerprints are the only requirements.
- When you receive an email with your license file number, apply for the licensed substitute teacher position on our site - indicate you have applied for the license and add the file number you receive under the License section. Indicate "yes" to having a teacher license IF your short-call substitute license is already being processed.
- Once your application is reviewed, you will receive an email with employment forms to complete.
- Pick the days, grade levels, subjects, and locations you want to work at each day!
- Rate of pay: $150/day
As of September 2020, Anoka-Hennepin is not holding in-person information sessions. When your application has been reviewed and accepted by Employee Services, you will receive an email with employment forms to complete.
Retired Anoka-Hennepin teachers only: You do not need to complete the online application. Contact the Absence Management (Aesop) help desk at 763-506-1092.
If you have questions regarding substitute opportunities, call Employee Services Department at 763-506-1100.