Communication and public relations
- Document center
- Notifications with AHlert
- Photo and content guidelines
- Staff directory
- Visual identity and brand book
Inaugural staff volleyball tournament set for Nov. 16 at Northdale Middle School
(09/12/19) Over the past five years, Anoka-Hennepin’s employee wellness committee, Where Wellness Matters, has organized a variety of popular sports tournaments for staff members. The tournaments, which have included basketball, dodgeball and floor hockey, have offered a fun way for staff to get active and exercise, as well as bond with colleagues from all over the district.
Thanks to the popularity of the existing tournaments, plus dozens of requests over the years, the wellness committee is excited to announce the inaugural Anoka-Hennepin all-staff volleyball tournament, set for 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 16, at Northdale Middle School, located at 11301 Dogwood St. NW, in Coon Rapids.
We're currently looking for participants and teams! Space is limited to 12 coed teams (three men and three women on the court), and teams will be signed up on a first-come, first-served basis. The format for the tournament is to-be-determined but will guarantee each team plays at least two matches.
If your site, department or school has a team ready and willing to play, please email district communication specialist Derrick Williams at email@example.com by Friday, Nov. 1. If your site doesn't have a team, but you want to play, let us know! We’ll find a place for you. Due to safety and legal reasons, only full- and part-time district employees, and adult volunteers who have passed district background checks, can participate on the court.
This is a fun event, and it's designed for all athletic abilities in mind. You need not be a volleyball hero to participate! You just need to be someone who wants to run around and have some fun with your fellow Anoka-Hennepin staff members.
See below for more detailed information and rules.
- Date/time: Saturday, Nov. 16, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Location: Northdale Middle School, located at 11301 Dogwood St. NW, in Coon Rapids.
- Participants: Again, due to safety and legal reasons, only full- and part-time district employees, and adult volunteers who have passed district background checks, can participate on the court.
- Teams: Since it’s a coed tournament, each team will have six players on the court — three men and three women. Teams can have as many subs as they’d like.
- About the tournament: The tournament-style will be determined once we know how many teams are participating, but each team is guaranteed at least two matches.
- About the games/matches: Each match played will be the best of three games, so the first team to win two games wins the match. Matches will have a 24-minute time cap. Games will be played to 15, and teams must win by two.
- Logistics: Balls and nets will be provided. Student volunteers will keep score, but there are no referees or judges. Teams need to referee themselves.
- Rules: We will have more information on specific rules later, but think high school gym class, or coed recreational volleyball leagues.
Other questions? Email communication specialist Derrick Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you, and we'll see you on the court!