Unit 3 Media Literacy:I can...
Unit 4 Research:I can...
- evaluate different types of print and digital media for accuracy of information, bias, stereotype, purpose, message, and target audience
- determine an author's point of view/perspective or purpose in an informational text
- explain how the point of view(writer's perspective) is expressed in the informational text
Unit 5 Argumentation:I can...
- quote or paraphrase the information gathered to avoid plagiarism
- create a question and conduct a short research project
- use multiple sources
- determine what information is useful and refocus inquiry (question) when appropriate
- support an argument using reasons and evidence collected from prior knowledge from text.
- use credible sources to find evidence to support an argument.
- determine what information is useful and valid when supporting an argument.
- write an argument that is logically ordered to assist the reader.
- evaluate an argument and claims in an informational text.
- determine claims supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.