Florida – Splash into Science!
Kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, and having fun with friends are only a few of the exciting activities planned for your Splash into Science trip near the barrier islands and wetlands of Southern Florida.
Ever wanted to swim with intelligent and playful dolphins? This is your chance! Escape and head to Florida, the only place where alligators and crocodiles coexist. Hike the everglades at night, snorkel among tropical fish along Florida’s barrier reef, and visit the world’s only state-certified veterinary hospital dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of sea turtles. Splash into Science introduces concepts of environmental science, marine biology, and life science in a fun and interactive way. The 2015 trip dates are June 15 through June 19.Find out more about this fantastic trip at one of the parent and student informational nights this September. Parents and students can choose one of the evenings to attend. A fundraising opportunity is available for students to offset the cost of the trip.
- Sept. 22, 6 p.m. at Oak View Middle School cafetorium.
- Sept. 22, 7:30 p.m. at Coon Rapids Middle School auditorium.
- Sept. 23, 6 p.m. at Roosevelt Middle School media center.
- Sept. 23, 7:30 p.m. at Northdale Middle School cafeteria.
- Sept. 24, 6 p.m. at Anoka Middle School for the Arts – Fred Moore Campus auditorium.
- Sept. 24, 7:30 p.m. at Jackson Middle School media center.
- Sept. 29, 6:30 p.m. at the Educational Service Center, 2727 N Ferry St., Anoka (room: Erling Johnson B).
To register, visit https://olr.worldstrides.net/scripts/cgiip.exe/RegisterOnline/default.htm and use Trip ID # 110008. For more information, contact Renae Lenhardt.